Question1)  How do I get a criminal case registered?
Answer1)  Through this citizen portal, the complainant can register his complaint to the respective district office which will then forward same to the Police Station for verification. Further, the complainant can also lodge his complaint manually at the police station.
Question2) Can the police say ‘no’ to receive a complaint?
Answer2) No, Police can’t refuse to receive any complaint of criminal act.
Question3) Whether I have to sign the FIR for a crime case to be registered?
Answer 3) Yes, the person giving information relating to the commission of a cognizable offence has to sign (with full particulars) the FIR as per section 154(1) CrPC.
Question 4) Whether I will get a copy of the FIR, registered on my compliant free of cost?
Answer4) Yes, a copy of the FIR shall be given to the informant free of cost as per section 154(2) CrPC.
Question 5) Whether other than FIR, I have to put signature in a statement recorded by the police during investigation of the case?
Answer 5)  No statement made by any person to a police officer in the course of an investigation shall if reduced into writing, be signed by the person making it as per section 162 CrPC.
Question 6) Whether police can summon a lady/girl to the police station?
Answer 6) Section 160 CrPC authorizes a police officer making an investigation to require the attendance before himself of any person, who appears to be acquainted with the circumstance of the case, but no individuals below age of 15 years & greater than 65 years are to be summoned to the Police Station. The IO has to go to their place. Also, the ladies cannot be called to Police Station post 5PM for investigation.
Question 7) Can I send a complaint by email?
Answer 7) Yes, a complaint can be given to the police through email.
Question 8) Can I give a complaint over phone?
Answer 8) Sometimes information about the crime is communicated to the police on the telephone. As per law this sort of information is not FIR since it both lacks authenticity and it is not possible to obtain the signature of the informant.
Question 9) Whether it is an offence to lodge a false report to the police?
Answer 9) Lodging a false report with the police is made punishable under section 182 and 211 IPC.
Question 10) If I am an affected person or if I happen to see a crime or any violation, what am I supposed to do?
Answer 10) You can report at the police station in whose jurisdiction the event has taken place either by phone or visiting personally or online using CCTNS Citizen Portal. You can even send your written complaint by post. If you have complaint against a police officer, you can send or report the complaint to the SHO, City Superintendent of Police/D.S.P., Supdt. of police, I.G.P. or even the D.G.P.
Question 11) Are there any particular opening and closing hours for police stations?
Answer 11) The basic functional unit of police is police station, which is open for 24 hours a day for your service.
Question 12) Is it possible to have police security for the individual property?
Answer 12) Police department is committed to ensure safety & security of life and property. Police patrolling is done in the respective areas of police stations to ensure safety & security of life and property.
Question 13) Can I call the police on the basis of mere suspicion and if so, then on which number?
Answer 13) In case you see anything unusual/suspicious, you can call the police anytime at 100 number which is toll free. Police will verify the facts and act accordingly.
Question 14) How to call the police service for handling anonymous/threatening calls?
Answer  14) If you get anonymous calls which may be threatening or harassing, you can inform the local police station or control room (100) or lodge a complaint on the portal or to the local police station.
Question 15) If I come to witness an accident, how should I react? Will there be any legal complications from the police department?
Answer 15) In such a situation, inform the nearest police station. If there is no injury to any one, wait for the police to come to the scene of the accident but if somebody is injured in the accident, it is your duty / duty of the member of public to take him to the nearest medical facility center, doctor on duty is bound to give first aid / treatment to the injured without waiting for the police formalities. It is not necessary to take the injured to government hospital or to wait for the police to come.
Question 16) What is the procedure for the complaints regarding the missing person?
Answer  16) Report the matter to the police station / outpost / nearest police camp with details of the missing person personally or on phone or online using CCTNS Citizen Portal when you are sure that the person is missing.
Number of Visits: 49726265
Content on this website is published and managed by Haryana Police Department. For any query regarding this website please, Contact the "Web Information Manager: SI Rajesh Kumar, M.No. 7009708305, IT Cell, Police Headquarters, Panchkula."

© 2015 Haryana Police | Best view on 1024 by 768 Pixel151